<body>
la petite frog
Day One in New York Friday, December 17, 2010 @ 7:30 AM
Hello! It's been a long while since my last post, but it's not been without good reason!
Today was the beginning of a 8 day adventure and from LAX, my sister, cousin, and I flew for 5 hours to New York for the first time. My first impression of New York was, "It's super cold! And look at all the tall buildings!" The 30 degrees Fahrenheit weather was a big change for a Californian like me but I had some thermals to help fight off the chill.
Anyways, here we are on our first event in New York, which was to take the subway from our New Jersey Hyatt hotel to the big apple. With the help of our lovely tour guide and good friend, we survived.
Jessica, my sister, and my cousin are buying subway tickets.
Here's a classic New York street with busy construction workers. Close by this street, the Twin Towers is being redeveloped.

In the subway, a mariachi band is playing music for tip.

Our brunch was bagels at "Ess-a-Bagel."

My raisin walnut bagel. Look at the thick layer of cream cheesey goodness!

The famous 5th Avenue with many brand name stores.

Rockefeller Center

Me, my sister, and my cousin in front of Rockefeller Center.

St. Patrick's Cathedral
A beautiful window display on 5th Avenue. The piece is made completely from paper materials.

Limited Edition Barbie Foosball table. Only ten were made and this one costs $24,999.99. Pretty crazy!

Spicy and yummy New York street food- chicken and rice!

In front of The Plaza Hotel. Remember the character Eloise? "Eloise! At the Plaza!"

At Dylan's Candy Bar. This is the stairs leading down to another floor of sweets.

It's nighttime now and we're at an outdoor market. Local, cool, handmade, or unique items are sold here. It's like a live etsy!

Artichoke pizza from "Artichoke." Super creamy and good!

Pommes Frites or french fries!

Yummy! With lots of strange dippings...oh yeah, and the fries are deep-fried twice!


At the end of the day, it was pretty late and we were super tired. But we ate awesome food and saw the streets of New York. On to Day Two in New York!

0 comments

Post a Comment


Profile
Photobucket
I'm a 20 something year old student in love with cats, food, and fashion. My hobbies are food photography and taking pictures of the ones I love!
Etsy Shop SUBSCRIBE Squidoo Layout



older post newer post