<body>
la petite frog
Strawberry Lemonade Thursday, June 23, 2011 @ 4:10 PM
I went to the market the other day, trying to be all fancy and cook dinner for my family. I was also trying to figure out how working women are capable of cooking delicious and healthy meals without burning out from fatigue. Cooking is hard! I don't even have a job and I spent 6 hours in the kitchen...and I was not just standing around.

After I finished my cooking marathon, I realized that I made way too much food (steak, macaroni salad, lasagna, coleslaw, and baked potatoes). My sister just looked at me as if I was insane..I think she said something like, "Working women don't cook like this everyday. They would have just cooked ONE of these." Hah. Quite true indeed. I did outdo myself. But the food was yummy and she invited her friend so we were able to eat most of it.

Anyways, while I was at the market looking for vegetables, I found myself drawn to the lemons. I don't know how that happens but I always find myself unconsciously grabbing a bunch of lemons at markets. Well, it was a good thing too because it was 94 degrees outside and I was craving strawberry lemonade.


I couldn't really find a straightforward recipe for strawberry lemonade so I decided to just stick some water and sugar together and squeeze a bunch of lemons and what not..put some strawberries in and it resulted in a quite refreshing concoction.


Strawberry Lemonade

3/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of water
4 to 6 lemons
1 to 2 cups of strawberries
seltzer water (optional)

Directions:
1. Melt the sugar into the 2 cups of boiling water to dissolve the sugar. (Don't skip this step...or you'll have sugary grainy lemonade!)
2. While letting the sugar water cool down, squeeze the lemons to obtain 8 ounces of lemon juice.
3. Blend the strawberries in a blender and mix into the sugar water. Pour the lemon juice into the sugar water also.
4. The resulting juice is quite sweet so when you serve it, make sure to add as much ice. You can also add seltzer water like Perrier if you prefer your drink bubbly.
5. It's also quite tasty to add thinly sliced strawberries into the drink.




0 comments

Post a Comment


Profile
Photobucket
I'm a 20 something year old student in love with cats, food, and fashion. My hobbies are food photography and taking pictures of the ones I love!
Etsy Shop SUBSCRIBE Squidoo Layout



older post newer post